Park St., Leeds LS1
Leeds Medical School (site of, 1865-94)(George Corson, 1865)

This is the approximate site of the Leeds Medical School premises from 1865 to 1894.  Built by Leeds architect George Corson in an Italianate style, the medical school relocated from East Parade to be close to the new Infirmary.  In 1894 the school moved north to Thoresby Place, within the Infirmary complex, which now houses the Medical Physics department.  For a time the Park Street buildings were home to the Yorkshire Archaeological and Thoresby Societies.  In 1926 they were acquired by medical instrument maker Charles Thackray in 1926, whose grandson Paul founded the Thackray Medical Museum.

For a view of the building before it was demolished in the 1980s, click here.